CIS111-6 Intelligent Systems and Data Mining
1. which require predictive modelling, for example, in a Business scenario
2. Demonstrate results of using an efficient technique which is capable of finding a solution to a given predictive problem represented by a data set
3. Evaluate the accuracy of the technique in terms of differences between the predicted values and the given data
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
1. Apply Decision Tree technique to solve the Bank Marketing task presented by a set of customer profiles
2. Analyse problems which are required to be resolved in order to develop a solution providing a high prediction accuracy on a given data set.
3. Identify a set of parameters which are required to be adjusted within DM techniques in order to optimise the solution in terms of prediction accuracy
4. Explain how the parameters of a DM technique influence the prediction accuracy
5. Run experiments in order to verify the solution designed on the given data set
6. Analyse and compare the results of the experiments in a group and with the known from the literature.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?