LB5233 Business Law And Governance
Submit a credible attempt at all assessment items within this subject. Students who have completed less than 100% of the assessment will be subject to review by the College Assessment Committee which could result in an ‘X’ grade (Fail (did not sit for exam/s or did not complete at least 80% of assessment requirements or deferred exam not granted))
Demonstrate regular attendance and engagement with the content of this subject in accordance with student participation requirements as outlined above, including but not limited to any mandatory face to face attendance or online session participatory attendance.
· Critically evaluate sources of information and assistance that may help with the development of new business ideas
Critically evaluate the process of successful strategic innovation in contemporary firms
Assessment Task 1: Description
The aim of this assessment is to examine the extent to which you are able to strategize a business by critically evaluating information to develop a new business idea presented in the form of a business model.
1. Individually, you are to adopt the role of an Entrepreneur.
2. Use any technique to come up with a creative idea for a new business OR an innovative idea for an existing organisation.
a. Techniques can be Anti-conventional thinking, brainstorming, parallel thinking, six hats thinking, Design thinking, or any other technique you feel comfortable with.
3. Use the Business Model Canvas to analyse your idea and develop the One Page Plan.
a. You MUST demonstrate that you have analysed the elements of the BM as they relate to your idea
The aim of this assessment is examine your ability to set up and run a business by focusing on your ability to develop the idea, build value, develop the business strategy and present this in a clear and fluent written format that demonstrates effective group collaboration.
1. This is to be completed in groups of up to 4 members maximum.
a. Group members can be from the same tutorial group.
2. Your BP document should be no more than 20 pages, not including a one-page executive summary and appendices.
3. Each member of the group is to complete the peer evaluation form located in the assessment folder on LearnJCU.
a. The peer evaluation form is submitted individually using the Drop Box labelled Peer Evaluation Submission